1. Decide the length you need the hose to be.
2. Decide how thick you need the hose to be.
3. Select a material based on your climate and watering schedule.
4. Consider your budget.
5. Know your nozzle options.
6. Look for a hose that you can easily store.
7. Pick a hose with antimicrobial protection.
8. Select a 'Flexogen' hose if you want something with a lifetime guarantee.
9. Look for an industrial hose if you have some heavy duty watering projects to complete.
10. Use a sprinkler hose or a soaker hose for regular lawn watering.